Our yard was completely covered with dandelions this year, and so, making sure to leave plenty for the bees, I was eager to forage them and create something delicious.
I have known this plant very well since I was a kid, since my granny would always collect some of it and add it to salads, or fry it with bacon as a side dish.
How to use Dandelion
- Use them in salad or in cooking as you would use arugula
- Fry them in a pan as a side dish
- Add them to soups
- Use them like spinach or chard in salty pies
- Roasted and ground as a tea/coffee substitute
- Decoration, for both sweet and savory dishes
- Syrups, mead and infuses
Stop by The Adagio Blog tomorrow to get the recipe for a delicious and vegan Dandelion Honey!