This Wild Mushroom Creamy Salad is a Nordic family recipe that’s been kept secret for a long time but is now shared with you, dear readers who love to forage and use local, wild ingredients. It pairs deliciously with fresh bread, cold cuts or gravlax. It’s a perfect element to add to an appetizer table or even pair it with the Lingonberry Aperitivo.
Wild Mushroom Creamy Salad
- 200 gr wild mushrooms
- 1 onion about 100 gr
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 gr sour cream
- 50 ml heavy cream
- ¼ apple
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chives optional
- Chop finely the wild mushrooms and the onion.
- Heat a pan, add the oil, the mushrooms, half of the onion, the entire garlic clove and fry in medium low heat until the mushroom will be thoroughly cooked. Discard the garlic clove. Set aside and cool down.
- Add the sour cream and the heavy cream to a bowl and whip until soft peaks will appear.
- Chop finely the apple, add it to the bowl together with the sautéed mushrooms and rest of the onion.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Decorate with chives.
- Serve on a warm, crunchy bread slice.