This is going to be the queen recipe of the summer. No doubt about it. Klaus is an attentive judge when it comes to give opinions about things that interest him. With this ice cream, well, he barely had the words to comment it because he was just too busy savoring it. That already gave me confidence that I might have nailed this one. When we had Klaus’ granny over for dinner, though, there I received the confirmation to all my presumptions. She loved it so much, she at first couldn’t believe I made it myself and without an ice cream maker, then she asked me for the recipe, thinking it would be something super complicated. When I explained her how simple it is to make it, she was just astonished.
There are several reasons why this ice cream is going to be the perfect to-go recipe of this summer:
* It is easy to make
* It is fast to make
* It doesn’t require any fancy ingredients (they’re either something you always have home or that you can store in your pantry)
* It can be easily customized for every taste
* It doesn’t require an ice cream maker
* It can be scooped directly after taking it out from freezer, and this is a good one, since homemade ice creams usually get stone hard and one has to leave them 15/20 minutes in room temperature before being able to scoop it
- 1 can (400 g / 1 ¼ cup) of condensed milk
- 300 ml / 1 ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 150 g / ~ ¾ cup of fresh cherries *
- Whip the cream until firm peaks will form.
- Add the condensed milk and whip gently for a few seconds. Place the mixture into a metallic mold.
- Remove the pits from the cherries and spread them on the mixture. With a spoon, swirl lightly the cherries into the cream mixture.
- Freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Scoop and serve with fresh cherries, whipped cream or chocolate sauce.
* You can use other summer fruits, such as strawberries, peaches, apricots, mangos, you name it!