In collaboration with LinenMe
I could eat salmon every day. It is really one of those foods I never tire out of. Where I come from, at the foot of the Alps,
it’s not to easy it’s impossible to find fresh salmon, but we have a lot of salmon trouts. I have vague memories of when, as a kid, I would go with grandpa fishing in the river and he would catch always good stuff.
I don’t even remember where did I get the idea to pair salmon with pistachios, but since then it has been a hit in our family and, when we want something fancy, but do not have time/energy/will to cook for long, we make this pistachio-crusted salmon. It tastes best if left to season for at least a couple of hours, if not even overnight. Because the taste of this dish is so full, a simple salad, grated carrots or some oven vegetables will work perfectly with it!
I still want to take a few
moments lines to make you notice these beautiful linings from LinenMe! All their products are of the highest quality, manufactured in Lithuania, and look just gorgeous. Not only they have table linens, but also other bed linens, blankets, even clothes! They are really affordable luxuries. Going back to our salmon, here you go with the recipe, hope you enjoy it!
- 400 gr of fresh salmon
- 50 gr of pistachios
- half a lemon's juice
- zest of half a lemon
- three tablespoons of olive oil
- half a teaspoon of chopped dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix in a bowl oil, lemon juice and zest, dill salt and pepper till you'll reach a creamy texture
- Put the salmon in a casserole and add the sauce
- Close the casserole with a plastic film and leave it to season in refrigerator
- After one hour, turn the salmon upside down and let it rest for another hour. In this way the seasoning will go inside the fish and the flavors will be more intense
- Put the salmon in oven at 190° for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, chop grossly the pistachios
- At the end of the 10 mintues, add the pistachios on the top of the salmon and cook still for 5 minutes.