Breakfast is something terribly essential for every mortal man who wants to have enough energy to start and carry on the day, especially if he/she has to be at eight o’ clock at school or at work, for example.
The thing about breakfast is that, when we wake up, we find ourselves in a quite poor mental activity state, and making breakfast requires the energy we should get from breakfast, so it’s like a dog chasing its tale. But also to that I found a solution, that is: if in the morning there is no time to make breakfast, why not preparing it the evening before?
From here it comes the idea of overnight oatmeals. The recipe is super simple, you can customize it as you whish, adding what you want at the top. Now I explain you how it works.
During the night, the oats would soak in the liquid (could be whatever: milk, almond milk or soya milk for example) and reach a very nice and fluffy texture. This kind of breakfast is perfect for who is celiac or milk intolerant because oats do not contain gluten (make sure to check the ingredient list because in some it’s mentioned that it could contain some gluten traces) and there are many liquids you can use to soak the oatmeal, as the ones we mentioned above.
In this case, I made coconut milk overnight oatmeals. I then added some sliced pears and Goodio raw chocolate (that you already know). I tried it with Dreamy, a coconut milk chocolate, and Velvet, a 71% dark chocolate and they both worked out perfectly!
- 30 g of oats
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Half a teaspoon of raw honey
- 1 pear
- Goodio raw chocolate (of course you can use "normal" chocolate, but it will not be as healthy! 😀 )
- Pour in a jar the oats, the coconut milk and the honey
- Close the jar and share vigorously
- Let it rest one night in refrigerator
- The following morning, add a pear cut into pieces and some raw chocolate
Do not forget the giveaway still going on! You have a chance to win 3 bars of Goodio raw chocolate by doing these steps:
1. Follow us on Instagram or like our Facebook page
2. Comment below this post here or its Italian equivalent here (only one comment is allowed) writing what do you think about raw chocolate (have you ever tasted it? Can you easily find it in the area you live?) and what are the 3 bars you would like to taste (you can choose among the bars listed above).
You have time till 23.59 of December 18, 2015. We will then extract the winner and contact him/her in private.