One thing that I just can’t give up is coffee. Sadly up here in Finland, finding good coffee (and at a reasonable price!) is not as easy as it would be in Italy. Probably the place where it’s easiest to encounter it is Lidl. There, once in a while, they have some offers from other countries and, when it’s Italy’s turn, Lavazza grain coffee can’t be missing.
Marocchino coffee is a coffee drink born in Piemonte, the northwest Italian region where I’m from. Of course there are endless varieties and recipes of this delicious coffee drink. Here I’m going to share with you mine.
- Espresso coffee
- Heavy cream
- Nutella or halzenut cream
- A pinch of vanilla sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Prepare the espresso (1 espresso mug per person)
- Whip the cream with the vanilla sugar
- In a glass, put a tablespoon of Nutella
- Add the coffee in the glass
- Add two full spoons of whipped cream
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder
Personally, I don’t like to sugar the coffee. I find that the sweetness of the cream and the Nutella create a perfect contrast with the bitterness of the coffee 🙂