These truffles are inspired to a Brazilian recipe called brigadeiro, that my maternal granny make every time I visit her.
What’s nice about these little delicacies is that they are super easy to make and can be personalized in endless ways: adding a nutty heart, substituting the cocoa powder with smashed pistachios or coconut flakes. Really, just let your imagination lead you!
- One can of condensed milk
- 150 g of dark chocolate
- 50 g of butter
- Grated orange peel
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Melt with low heat the condensed milk, the chocolate and the butter
- When everything will be melted, add the orange peel
- Cook still for 15 minutes
- Let the mixture cool down in refrigerator for at least 3 hours
- When it will be thickened, take little portions out of the truffle mass and work them with your hands (you can butter them so that the process would be easier) till they will be round shaped
- Put the truffles in a bowl where you had previously put cocoa powder
- Roll the chocolate balls in the cocoa powder till full coverage