It’s asparagus time! I am personally in love with this vegetable. I find its taste very delicate, but at the same time unique. It’s very versatile and can be used in endless ways! And, on top of that, it’s esthetically very beautiful!
So, as usual, also this time I was thinking about a new recipe. I knew I wanted a fresh and light flavor. In the end, I chose to create an appetizer. Main ingredients of this recipe are asparagus, of course, basil, that gives a vernal feeling to the dish and smoked salmon, that I find perfect together with asparagus.
Asparagus smoked salmon appetizers
[col1]Preparation time: 20 min [/col1]
[col2]Cooking time: 10 min [/col2]
[col3]Total time: 30 min [/col3]
Serves: 4 people
- 200 g green asparagus
- 100 g quark (or ricotta)
- 100 g cream cheese
- 10 leaves of basil
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Pink hymalaian salt
- Smoked salmon
- Boil the asparagus in water, completely under water, for 10 min, until they get soft enough so that a fork could easily pass through them
- Take the asparagus from the water and let them cool
- Cut the tips of the asparagus. We will use them later as a decoration.
- Blend the rest of the asparagus with the basil leaves.
- Mix the cream cheese, the quark, the blended asparagus and basil together.
- Add pepper, salt and oil
- Store in refrigerator
- Sprinkle the smoked salmon with some lemon juice
- Put pieces of salmon of the top of your crackers
- Add the asparagus spread
- Decorate with the asparagus tips (you could also decide to cut them in half by their length so that they’ll be more) and fresh basil leaves